AH-CHOO! Pollen season is here
Watery eyes, runny nose, and itchy throat can only mean one thing. Pollen season has arrived!
If allergies got you down, you’re not the only one. Over half of the population claims to have allergy symptoms from mild to severe. Whether it is mold or ragweed, these allergies can really put a damper on when you are trying to enjoy the warm climate.
How can you prevent pollen and other allergens from entering your home?
- Take a shower after you have been outside or at work all day. Pollen can easily stick to your clothes.
- Clean bed sheets once a week and keep dirty clothes piles to a minimum.
- We love our pets, but they are pollen magnet! Running around in the grass outside can really make your pet a carrier for those pesky allergens. Wipe your pet off with a wet towel before letting them into the house. If pollen is really getting to you, wash your pet on a minimum of once a week.
- Try and eliminate the source – keep windows closed and don’t go outside unless you have to.
- Make sure your air ducts are clean before turning on the a/c. The air conditioner can just shoot dust and allergens right back into your home.
- Vacuum carpets and wipe off furniture whenever possible.
These tips can really help diminish allergens within your home, but sometimes it’s just not enough. Work with us on cleaning out your air ducts or giving a grade A cleaning in your home for the spring and summer season.